Following the lighting of the ceremonial cauldron at the Opening Ceremony at the Olympic Stadium, the flame was transferred to the second cauldron located at Ariake Yume-no-Ohashi Bridge. The cauldron is fueled by Hydrogen alike the Olympic Stadium cauldron for the first time in the history of the Games and will be lighted until the Closing Ceremony for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
※Please refrain from visiting the cauldron for COVID-19 countermeasures
First Hydrogen powered cauldron in Games history（Paralympic）
- Lighted on Tuesday 24 August at 11:40 midnight
- Displayed from Tuesday 24 August- Sunday 5 September during the Paralympic Games
- Lighted by Mr. Tomoki Tagawa (2016, Rio de Janeiro Olympics, 4×100mR Bronze medalist)
First Hydrogen powered cauldron in Games history（Olympic）
- Lighted on Saturday 24 July at 0:50 midnight.
- Displayed from Saturday 24 July- Sunday 8 August during the Olympic Games
- Lighted by Ms. Ayaka Takahashi (2016, Rio de Janeiro Olympics, Women’s doubles Gold medalist)