Download image here
Ariake Arena is a new arena constructed in the northern part of Tokyo's Ariake district. After the Tokyo 2020 Games, the arena will become a new sporting and cultural centre hosting various events, including international competitions with a seating capacity of up to 15,000 spectators in the Main Arena.
Time-lapse movies of competition venues
The construction sites of new permanent venues for the Tokyo 2020 Games are captured from the beginning of these constructions. Watch the time-lapses to see the sequence of each construction project.
- Approx. 8 minute walk from Ariake-tennis-no-mori Station on the Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Waterfront Line Yurikamome
- Approx. 8 minute walk from Shin-toyosu Station on the Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Waterfront Line Yurikamome
- Approx. 17 minute walk from Kokusai-tenjijo-seimon Station on the Tokyo Rinkai Kosoku Tetsudo Rinkai Line
- Approx. 17 minute walk from Shinonome Station on the Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit
- Approx. 1 minute walk from Ariake-Sho-Chu-Gakko-mae on Toei Bus 05-2 from Tokyo Station Marunouchi (this bus passes Yurakucho Station, Ginza 4-chome, Kachidoki Station and Tokyo Big Sight )
- Approx. 4 minute walk from Ariake-Sho-Chu-Gakko-mae on Toei Bus Higashi 16 and To 05 from Tokyo Station
- Approx. 4 minute walk from Ariake-Sho-Chu-Gakko-mae on Toei Bus Kai 01 from Monzen-nakacho Station (this bus passes Etchujima Station, Toyosu Station, Odaiba-kaihinkoen Station and Tokyo Teleport Stationand)
Please use public transport
Access during the Games (Current plan)
- Walking distance from Toyosu Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line or Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Waterfront Line Yurikamome
- Walking distance from Shin-Toyosu Station on the Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Waterfront Line Yurikamome
- Walking distance from Shinonome Station or Kokusai-tenjijo Station on the Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit (leaving the venue)
Please use public transportation to access the venue
Stations may be added or changed
Shin-Toyosu Station will be the recommended accessible route
- Because more than the ordinary number of passengers may be using public transportation during the Games, it may take longer than the required time that is provided on the Internet. It may also take longer to walk from the station to the venue, so we suggest that you give yourself ample time.
- Please note that during the Games, you may be instructed to use a route that is different from the ordinary route used to access the venue.
1-11-1 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo (North District of Ariake)